In the past year I had some health issues with a fibroid and anemia. My hair got really thin from excessive shedding due to the anemia. Fast forward to now and I am no longer severely anemic and my hair is growing back! Yay! However, it is like growing out a perm all over again. I have thick curly healthy hair for about 4 inches then its thinner for rest of my hair about 8 inches or so.
I have decided to document my return to healthy hair as it may help someone else! There is so much information out there about transitioning from relaxers and/or growing out heat damage, but nothing about dealing with other hair traumas.
I plan on growing my hair for another year and then cutting off the thinner ends. I will post my progress every 3 months or so and update my weekly routine, if needed.
My current routine is as follows...
- Prepoo and gently detangle with coconut oil
- Cleanse with either Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo OR Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus Co-Wash
- Deep Condition with Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque for 30 min with heat
- Apply Shea Moisture Transitioning Milk OR Curl & Style Milk as leave-in
- Apply Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothing Cream
- Twist or Braid and allow to dry
- Untwist or unbraid, fluff, and style
Here's my re-growth so far..
Stay tuned! Next growth check is August 2014! :)