Sunday, August 25, 2013

Product Review: Shea Moisture

Hi Curlies,

I am currently using the Shea Moisture line of natural hair products.  First I must say this is the only line where I am pleased with more than one product in the line.  Also I am impressed with amount of natural ingredients in their products and are actually in the top 5 of the ingredient list.  

In this review I will go through the products in the order that I use them.  I will also list the first 4 ingredients because ingredients are listed in order of volume.  Meaning if water is the first ingredient then product has more water than any other ingredient.  

Deep Treatment Masque

Product Image

First 5 Ingredients - Deionized water, shea butter, argan oil, vegetable glycerin

How I use it - Apply to damp hair in four sections as a pre-poo treatment.  Allow penetrate for 15 - 30 minutes then de-tangle.

Results - Soft, easy to de-tangle hair.  Very moisturizing.  I tried using it after I washed my hair and I did not get the same results as when I use it a pre-poo treatment.

Moisture Retention Shampoo
 
 First 5 IngredientsDeionized water, sugar beets, shea butter, aloe vera juice

How I use it - Apply to wet hair in shower and work mainly at my roots and smooth down the remainder of my hair.  Rinse.

Results - Squeaky clean hair.  A little bit dry.

Restorative Conditioner


First 5 Ingredients - Deionized water, shea butter, argan oil, coconut oil

How I use it - Apply to wet hair in shower in 4 sections.  Let it sit during my shower. Sometimes I rinse; however most times I leave it in.

Results - Soft, moisturized hair with a light airy scent.


Curl Enhancing Smoothie




First 5 Ingredients - Deionized water, shea butter, coconut oil, macadamia seed oil

How I use it - Apply generous amount to damp hair in 4 sections.  Allow hair to air dry or diffuse.  
For a twist out, I put my hair in 6 - 7 twists and allow to air dry.

Results - Soft, shiny and moisturized curls!



No comments:

Post a Comment