Saturday, August 9, 2014

Hair Health | Anemia Damage | Growth Check 1

Hi Curlies!

I am back for the promised growth check of my anemia-damaged hair grow out.  If you missed the back story of my hair check it out here.

I updated my weekly routine.  I have begun using products by Eden Bodyworks.  I did not think I would find anything to top Shea Moisture.  Well let me tell you; I am in LOVE with the cowash and deep conditioner by Eden Bodyworks.  I have began doing mid week conditioner rinses; which has helped with dryness and shedding.  Here's my update routine...

On the weekend:
  1. Prepoo and gently detangle with coconut oil
  2. Cleanse with either Eden Coconut Shea Cleansing Cowash
  3. Deep Condition with Eden Jojoba Monoi Deep Conditioner for 30 min with my HotHead cap.  LOVE this cap!
  4. Rinse out conditioner in the shower and apply cool aloe vera juice to seal cuticle.
  5. Apply my homemade oil mixture to seal in moisture.
  6. Once out of the shower I apply Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk as leave-in & styler.
  7. Twist in about 12 twists.  I now use smaller twists to be able to blend the two textures of my hair.
  8. Dry overnight or all day.  Untwist, fluff, and style.
Mid-week (usually Wednesday)
  1. Divide hair into 4 sections.
  2. In the shower, thoroughly rinse each section and apply Herbal Essence Hello Hydration to each section and put into a bantu knot.
  3. Finish my shower.
  4. Undo each bantu knot and rinse out conditioner, apply aloe vera and my oil mix.
  5. Once out of the shower I apply Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk as leave-in & styler.
  6. Twist in about 12 twists. 
  7. Dry overnight.  Untwist, fluff, and style the next morning.  Sometime it is still damp but it dries by the time I get to work.
 Growth Check - August 2014

I am really excited by my growth!  I cannot wait to have my healthy natural hair back.  I goal is cut off any and all damage by August 2015.  









Thank you reading!  Check back in November for my next growth check :)  
Like my page on Facebook for inspiring natural hair pictures and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment