I have a really quick new style/routine that I am loving. I call it a "cheat" wash and go.
I really like the wash and go but the shrinkage is for REAL!
|Wash and Go! Major shrinkage!|
So I have figured out how to "cheat" a wash and go. I discovered that when I do large chunky twists, I get a stretched wash and go (curls) instead of the waves/crimps of a twist-out. I have to do small twists to really get the twist-out style. Most times I am lazy so the large twists work for me.
Here's my routine/steps:
- Shampoo or Co-wash
- Deep condition with steam
- Apply leave-in before leaving the shower and plop hair with a t-shirt.
- Once out of the shower, section into at most 7-8 sections.
- Apply styling creme and sealing oil to each section. Twist.
- Allow to dry overnight and then untwist, fluff, and go
I know to some you will call this a chunky twist out but for me it just elongates my curls, doesn't look like a twist out at all. It's a way for me to get the wash and go with out all the shrinkage. Score!
Here is my hair twisted:
At night I either pineapple my hair and tie up in a satin scarf or I will put it into two braids. The next morning I just fluff and go. This style will last me for a full week!
Thanks for reading!